Essay Fiesta’s special tribute to Chicago is just around the corner! On June 18, your favorite Chicago live lit event will be honoring the Windy City’s 175th birthday with a Chicago-themed show. Come out to the Book Cellar to witness the amazing literary feats of our esteemed performers:
- Bitches Gotta Eat blogger Samantha Irby. This woman is a lion! Not only is she tearing it up on the Chicago live lit scene, she also recently became a contributor to the popular Jezebel website.
- Collaboraction company member John Wilson. If you like to laugh while having your heartstrings yanked, this 2nd Story contributor and thespian will satiate your entertainment appetite.
- Neo-Futurist Dina Walters. Building on a lengthy history of performance, Dina Walters is a dynamo of storytelling. Don’t let her small stature throw you off. She’s a force of nature.
- Journalist and 826CHI volunteer Lindsay Eanet. Magnanimously donating her time to 826CHI to help educate the writers of tomorrow, Lindsay is a regular contributor to McSweeney’s Internet Tendency today.
- Writer Willy Nast. He’s a really swell guy and a graduate of Northwestern University’s prestigious creative nonfiction program.
- BREAKING NEWS: L.A.’s finest Robert Buscemi has just been added to the line-up. Robert has his roots in the Chicago comedy scene, where he gained a reputation for his intelligent use of non-sequitor humor. Bask in the hypnotic glow of this L.A.lien.