The St. Patrick’s Day parade takes place on Saturday, March 14th, kicking off a weekend of solemn reflection and quiet religious observance in Chicago. This somber weekend is merely a precursor to Tuesday, March 17th, the actual St. Patrick’s Day, on which nary the hoot of laughter nor the holler of vomit can be heard throughout Chicago.
The good news is, on Monday, March 16th, at 7pm, you get to take a break from your silent, sober meditations and come party with hosts Willy Nast and Karen Shimmin at The Book Cellar, where this lineup of writers and performers will show you a grand time:
- “Clown-Noir” Author James Finn Garner
- Tashie’s Choice Writer/Performer Natasha Tsoutsouris
- You’re So Talented Creator Sam Bailey
- Writer and composer Amanda Claire Buckley
- Patron Saint of Awesome Jen Bosworth