Every April 20th, Americans celebrate the legacy of Smokey the Bear by lighting many small, controlled blazes of their own and subsequently feasting on campfire staples such as s’mores, hot dogs, and Doritos Locos Tacos.
So after you wake from your Taco Bell-induced nap, come on down to The Book Cellar (where they have cupcakes and scones and biscotti and snickerdoodles – do you ever wonder why they’re called snickerdoodles?) on Monday, April 20th at 7 pm, for some dank essays from these Smokey-approved writers and performers:
- This Much is True Co-Host Scott Whitehair
- The Hundred-Year House Author Rebecca Makkai
- AV TV Club Contributor Allison Shoemaker
- Chicago Tribune Beer and Travel Writer Josh Noel
- “Retired Blogger and Podcaster” Bokeen
- Addison Recorded Co-Host Gina Watters
As always, we’ll be collecting donations to support the amazing programming at 826Chicago.