Essay Fiesta turns 8 years old this month, which is 56 in dog years, 49 in cat years, and 84.3 in live lit years. Like many middle-aged dogs and cats, Essay Fiesta can be trusted to be left at home alone without wrecking the furniture. It will, however, still pee on the floor from time to time, and you may have to hide pills in its food.
On Monday, November 20th, come on down to The Book Cellar at 7pm and join hosts Karen Shimmin and Willy Nast for Essay Fiesta’s eighth birthday celebration. Our lineup features a fully potty-trained round-up of some of our favorite Essay Fiestaers:
- Journalist and Essayist Britt Julious
- Writer and Fake Cafe Owner Chris Bower
- Storyteller/Performer/Farmer/Story Club Northside host Stephanie Douglass
- AV Club Writer Danette Chavez
- Story Club Southside’s Andrew Marikis + Women & Children First‘s Sarah Michael Hollenbeck telling a story in tandem
As always, the show is free. In lieu of birthday gifts, we’ll be collecting happy birthday donations to support our favorite 8 year-olds at 826CHI.