We are 5 now. That means we are REALLY OLD. Like any other 5 year-old child, we can now count ten or more objects, peddle a tricycle, and speak clearly using more complex sentences. We are also better able to express our emotions. And we have so many emotions.
It’s been 5 years since co-founders Alyson Lyon and Keith Ecker launched the first Essay Fiesta, and 2 years since they handed it off to Karen Shimmin and Willy Nast. Join the celebration at The Book Cellar (4736 N. Lincoln Ave.) on Monday, November 17th at 7:00 pm. Our favorite funky hot band, Funky Hot Grits, will kick off the show with live music, followed by a very special anniversary lineup of old friends and new faces:
- 2nd Story Literary Director and Author of Once I Was Cool Megan Stielstra
- The Answer to the Riddle is Me Author David Stuart MacLean
- Storytelling Champion Erin Diamond
- Essay Fiesta Co-Founder Keith Ecker
- The Live Lit Debut of Writer Tiffany Wong
Come early to snag a seat and hear some tunes. Also, bring us lots of birthday cake. We are allowed to eat more cake now because we’re older.