On July 20, 1801, a community of devout Baptists in Connecticut combined their powers to create a 1,235-pound wheel of cheese, which they sent down the eastern shore via sailboat and sleigh to Washington D.C., where President Thomas Jefferson awaited the gift. According to newspaper accounts, Jefferson “stood in the White House doorway, arms outstretched, eagerly awaiting the cheese’s arrival.” (Yes, this is a true story.)
We’ll be peddling a mammoth amount of essay cheese, the most delicious of all cheeses, on July 20, 2015, at 7pm. Come on down to The Book Cellar and take a bite out of this sharp, nutty wedge of writers and performers:
- ORAL: A Story Telling Hour Co-Host Erin Diamond
- Writer/Weird Job-Haver Katie Pecho
- A Different Bed Every Time author Jac Jemc
- Writer and Runner Extraordinaire Katie Prout
- James Gordon, a.k.a. “Greatest Poet Alive”
As always, we’ll be accepting donations of green cheese (i.e., money) to support the amazing programming at 826Chicago.