Good news! Your neighbors have nearly burned through the seemingly endless supply of July 4th fireworks they purchased in Indiana. You and your dog will soon be able to sleep through the night without veterinary Xanax (two for you, one for the dog). This is cause for a celebration! Preferably one without fireworks.
Which is why you should come on down to The Book Cellar at 7pm on Monday, July 18th. Hosts Karen Shimmin and Willy Nast will be marking the occasion with totally metaphorical, indoor fireworks in he form of essays from these bright and sparkly writers and performers:
- Actor/Writer/Oobleck-er Diana Slickman
- Pleasuretown Co-Creator Erin Kahoa
- Storyteller/Attorney David Barish
- Writer/Scholar/Activist Joy Ellison
- Storyteller/Comic/PhD Ada Cheng
As always, we’ll also be collecting donations for the bright and sparkly 826CHI.