Sure, everyone loves Father’s Day, but what about the day after Father’s Day? June 16th, commonly known as Hungover Dad Day, is the day Dad has to pay the consequences of having his own Hallmark-endorsed Sunday Fun-Day. On Sunday, you made Dad breakfast. On Monday, you make him a tall glass of water, four ibuprofen, and a healthy serving of please be quiet I feel like I’m going to die.
After your dad sleeps it off, bring him to The Book Cellar at 7pm on Monday, June 16th for an evening of essays in support of 826CHI. He can shake off the final vestiges of his hangover with beer, wine, and cupcakes, while listening to the soothing tones of hosts Karen Shimmin and Willy Nast, as well as these readers:
- meaty and bitches gotta eat Writer Samantha Irby
- Cheeseland Author Randy Richardson
- That’s All She Wrote co-producer J.H. Palmer
- Christmasfy Creator Andrew Jorczak
- Funny Ha-Ha Producer and Kangaroo Enthusiast Claire Zulkey