Good news! By the time the third Monday in July comes around, your neighbors will have burned through the seemingly endless supply of fireworks they purchased in Indiana. You and your dog will soon be able to sleep through the night without veterinary Xanax (two for you, one for the dog). This is cause for a celebration! Preferably one without fireworks.
Which is why you should come on down to The Book Cellar at 7pm on Monday, July 17th. Hosts Karen Shimmin and Willy Nast will be marking the occasion with totally metaphorical, indoor fireworks in the form of essays from these bright and sparkly writers and performers:
- Pleasuretown Co-Creator Erin Kahoa
- Swearing Enthusiast Corrbette Pasko
- Writer/Scholar/Activist Joy Ellison
- Your Invitation to a Modest Breakfast Author Hannah Gamble
- YA Author and Really Tall Guy Jeff Miller
As always, we’ll also be collecting donations for the bright and sparkly 826CHI.