September is upon us, and once again the sexiest holiday of the year draws nigh: National Punctuation Day.
That’s right. We saw the way you used those brackets indicate a change in capitalization. Reports indicate that “[i]t drove us wild.” We want to be the semi-colon between your closely-related independent clauses; we want to be the question mark at the end of your compound-complex sentence, because who says you can’t get a little crazy once in a while?*
Come on down to The Book Cellar on Monday, September 18, 7pm, for a lineup every bit as versatile as an em-dash–just imagine the possibilities:
- Writer and Translator Ines Bellina
- Journalist Genius Liz Granger
- Notable essayist and YA novelist Zhanna Slor
- Comedian and Experienced Napper Elizabeth Gomez
- Writer and Funny Lady Katie Pecho
As always, we’ll punctuate the show with !!! by collecting donations for 826CHI.
*We should be up-front. If you don’t support the Oxford Comma, this isn’t going to work out.